If you suffer from fatigue, it can help improve your sleeping habits, reduce stress and adjust your lifestyle.
Improve sleeping habits
Do you often lie awake at night? There are many things you can do to make sleeping and sleeping easier and faster. For example, turn off your phone completely earlier in the evening. Knowing more? In our article on sleep , you can read all about healthy sleeping habits.
The more stressed you are, the less you can relax, the more stressed you become. Recognizable? Stress can make you quite tired. Consciously take time for relaxation by taking breaks in your working day (in which you do nothing but, for example, some mindfulness ), get enough exercise (did you know that it works better against stress than reading a book on the couch?) And a using deep abdominal breathing instead of shallow chest breathing (read more about breathing exercises ). To reduce emotional stress, it is important to express (negative) feelings and thoughts. Don’t bottle them up, but share them with someone you trust!
In addition to improving your sleeping habits, it can help to stop habits that encourage fatigue. Think of tips such as:
- Quit smoking. In this article about quitting smoking you can read how to do that.
- Drink in moderation.
- Do not use drugs.
- Reduce obesity. Try to lose weight, exercise more and eat healthier and less. Do you find it difficult to start exercising? In this article we give you tips to start exercising .
- Healthy and varied food.
- Get enough exercise every day. That doesn’t have to be difficult! We have collected tips for you to exercise more.
- Address and solve problems at home or at work.
When should you see a doctor?
In most cases, fatigue will go away as soon as you adjust your sleeping habits or lifestyle or when the tensions in your life subside. It is then not necessary to consult your doctor. Do contact your doctor if fatigue is accompanied by:
- Prolonged coughing
- Decreased appetite
- Weight loss
- Anxious or depressed feelings
- Drowsiness or confusion
Even if the fatigue lasts longer than three months and you don’t know what causes it, it is wise to consult your doctor.